Person treated for smoke inhalation after fire at commercial laundry unit in Sidmouth

A person was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation after firefighters tackled a blaze at a commercial laundry in Sidmouth this afternoon (Thursday, October 1).

Both the town’s pumps and a crew from Ottery St Mary were called to Alexandria Road at around 3pm.

The industrial unit was ten per cent damaged by flames and 100 per cent affected by smoke.

One male person suffered smoke inhalation and was checked over by ambulance personnel…

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Two fire appliances from Sidmouth and one from Ottery St Mary were sent to a report of smoke coming from the laundry.

“On arrival crews confirmed a fire in an industrial unit used as a commercial laundry.

“Fire damage to the laundry was ten per cent but smoke damage was 100 per cent.

“To deal with the incident crews used four breathing apparatus, one hose-reel jet, one safety jet, positive pressure ventilation fan, thermal image camera and small tools.

“One male person suffered smoke inhalation and was checked over by ambulance personnel.”

[asp_product id=”17531″]

Sidmouth landmark Jacob’s Ladder to get much-needed makeover and structural repairs

About Author