Exmouth and Ottery firefighters tackle kettle fire in flat in Exeter

Firefighters were called to a flat fire in Exeter on Saturday afternoon after a kettle caught alight.

Crews from Exmouth, Ottery St Mary and Crediton were called to Tudor Street, off Bonhay Road, Exeter, shortly before 4.30pm, where they put out the flames.

The fire service said the cause of the fire was thought to be accidental.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Fire engines from Crediton, Ottery St Mary and Exmouth were mobilised to a report of a fire in a flat in Exeter.

“On arrival crews carried out an investigation to locate a small fire in a kettle and used one hose reel jet, one thermal image camera, one gas monitor and small tools to safely extinguish.

“The cause of the fire is understood to be accidental.”

SUPPORT OUR JOURNALISM

Please consider helping EastDevonNews.co.uk give you more community news, views and coverage. Click the button below to make a contribution or read more about our work here

VIDEO: Shocking dash-cam footage revealed by police features dangerous driving in Exmouth and Exeter

About Author