Fire crews from Honiton were called to a home in Stockland on Monday night (January 24) after a member of the public reported a chimney blaze.
Firefighters and two engines were called to the property shortly after 9pm and tackled the blaze into the early hours of the morning.
Crews used a thermal imaging camera and made ‘steady progress’ with chimney rods to fight the fire.
The fire was extinguished at around 1.30am.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Fire control received a call from a member of the public regarding a chimney fire in Stockland.
“A fire engine from Honiton attended the incident, on arrival they requested support for equipment and personnel. Fire control assigned another fire engine from Honiton to assist.”