Sidford tumble dryer blaze tackled by Sidmouth and Ottery firefighters

Firefighters from Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary were called when a tumble dryer caused an outbuilding blaze in Sidford this afternoon (Sunday, August 22).

Crews from both towns attended the incident at around 2pm.

They donned breathing apparatus and used a hose-reel het and thermal imaging kit to tackle the flames.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Crews from Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary attended a fire originating from a tumble dryer in the outhouse of a property in Sidford.

“The fire remained confined to the outbuilding and crews got to work to tackle the fire using two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, and a thermal imaging camera.”

More Sidmouth and Sidford news here

About Author