Honiton firefighters called to High Street flat after microwave catches fire

Firefighters were called to a flat in Honiton High Street on Sunday lunchtime (August 15) after a microwave caught alight.

A fire crew from Honiton was called to the address shortly after 1pm, where they found the occupant was safely outside and the flames were contained to the microwave oven.

The fire service said the damage was minor and there were no casualties.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “A fire appliance from Honiton attended a flat above a shop in the High Street at Honiton, after a microwave caught fire.

“The occupant was able to evacuate safely prior to our arrival and firefighters soon had the incident under control, extinguishing the fire with a hose reel jet before removing the appliance outside to open air.

“Damage was minor, contained to the microwave only and there were no casualties.”

EDN ad

Deja moo! Farmer John’s cows come home after 30 years – found at Honiton auction house

 

About Author