Fire crews give oxygen to person with smoke inhalation after chip pan fire in Exmouth

Oxygen was given to a person suffering from smoke inhalation at a property in Exmouth after a chip pan fire caught fire at an address in the town on Thursday evening (August 12).

Fire crews from Exmouth and Middlemoor wore breathing apparatus and used a hose reel jet and safety jet to tackle the blaze.

The fire service said the kitchen was damaged by the chip pan blaze.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Fire control sent two fire engines to a report of a chip pan fire in a domestic property.

“On arrival crews confirmed the fire was indeed involving a chip pan and all persons were accounted for.”

The spokesperson added: “One adult suffered smoke inhalation and was given oxygen therapy from crews until ambulance arrived.

“There was twenty per cent smoke damage to the kitchen.”

Couple trapped in cove by tide at Budleigh Salterton are rescued by Exmouth RNLI

About Author