East Devon News has a pair of tickets up for grabs for the 2021 Devon County Show, each worth £20, for the activity-packed event at Westpoint, being held over three days in July, at Westpoint, near Exeter.
The Devon County Agricultural Association (DCAA) earlier this year announced that the 125th Devon County Show will take place on Friday, July 2, Saturday, July 3 and Sunday July 4, 2021.
The show organisers said the 2021 event will be Covid-19 secure and mostly held outdoors.
A host of family fun and entertainment has been planned for the event, over three days, including showcasing the best of the region’s food and drink, livestock, crafts and more.
Visitors to the show can browse shopping stalls, trade stands and watch live displays and planned events in the arenas.
A Devon County Show spokesperson said: “Organisers continue to forge ahead with the show, while ensuring it is a Covid-secure event which will be staged predominantly outdoors.
“Social distancing will be managed by a team of Covid marshalls brought in specially for the event.”
The 2020 county show had to be cancelled amid the Covid-19 pandemic and lockdown.
For one year only the annual event has moved from its traditional mid-May dates to the summer.
Mary Quicke, DCAA chairman, said: “We believe that, by moving the show to early July, it will give more time for the restrictions to have eased, the roll out of a vaccine to take place and life to be getting back to normal.
“We know that our supporters and visitors really missed the county show this year, as we did.”
She added: “The county show takes place on ninety acres of showground allowing plenty of space for social distancing.
“Moving the show from its usual Thursday, Friday, Saturday, to Friday, Saturday, Sunday will allow our busy Saturday crowd to be spread over two days.
“We have taken care when choosing our new date to avoid clashing with other shows and events and are incredibly grateful to our sponsors and trade stands, who have carried forward their 2020 bookings to our 2021 show.”
- To enter the competition to win a pair of tickets for the Devon County Show, answer this question: The 2021 Devon County Show is celebrating which anniversary?
Terms and conditions:
- Entries close at midnight on Monday June 28, 2021. Because the show is Covid-secure, please include with your entry the day you would like to attend.
- The winner will be notified by email. Tickets will be emailed to the winner.
- Email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- One entry per person. Entries must supply full name, address, and contact number.
- www.eastdevonnnews.co.uk will only use the information for purposes of the competition, and administration, and will not publish the details, or pass them on.
- Details of the winner of the competition will be passed to the Devon County Show organisers for the purpose of the email transfer of tickets.
- The competition is not open to anyone at www.eastdevonnews.co.uk their family members or associates.