Exmouth garage fire is found to have started in a tin of roof resin

A small fire discovered in a garage in Exmouth on Monday afternoon (June 7) was found to have started in a tin of roof resin.

Firefighters from Exmouth were called to Raleigh Road at around 4.30pm where they could smell burning coming from a garage.

The crews used small tools to access the outbuilding, found a tin of roof resin on fire, and moved it outside.

The fire service said the cause of the fire was thought to be accidental.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Both fire engines from Exmouth were quickly mobilised to the scene and on arrival, crews reported a smell of burning coming from the garage.

“Crews gained access to the building using small tools and found a small fire in a tin of roof resin in the garage. Crews removed the tin to open air.

“The cause is believed to be accidental.”

EDN ad

Fab four! Cousins, aged three and five, help raise more than £5,000 for Exmouth RNLI

About Author