Firefighters from Sidmouth and Ottery tackle fridge blaze in Baker Close

A fridge blaze in the kitchen of a Sidmouth home prompted a callout for firefighters from the town and Ottery Mary.

Crews were called to the property in Baker Close at around 2.15pm on Thursday, May 27.

They donned breathing apparatus and used thermal imaging kit and a hose-reel jet to tackle the flames.

The cause of the fire was accidental and nobody was hurt.

The fire involved the fridge in the kitchen and was put out using two breathing apparatus, one hose-reel jet, one safety jet, one thermal imaging camera, and a gas monitor…

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Crews from Sidmouth and Ottery attended fire in a domestic property earlier today where they extinguished a small fire in the kitchen.

“The fire involved the fridge in the kitchen and was put out using two breathing apparatus, one hose-reel jet, one safety jet, one thermal imaging camera, and a gas monitor.

“All persons were unharmed.

“The cause of the fire was accidental.”

Sidmouth firefighters tackle car blaze that spread to hedge at Sidford

About Author