Early-hours chip pan blaze in Exmouth flat sparks callout for town’s firefighters

Firefighters in Exmouth tackled an early-hours chip pan blaze at a flat in The Marles this morning (Friday, May 28).

Crews were called to the property at around 2.05am.

The tackled the flames using a fire blanket and a hose-reel jet.

The fire was caused accidentally…

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Crews from Exmouth attended a flat where there was a chip pan on fire in the early hours of the morning.

“The fire was extinguished using one fire blanket, two breathing apparatus, one hose-reel jet, one covering jet, and one positive pressure ventilation fan.

“The fire was caused accidentally.”

Consultation over order to help tackle booze-fuelled bad behaviour on Exmouth beach

About Author