Kitchen smoke damaged after cooker hood blaze in Colyton

A kitchen was left smoke-damaged after a cooker hood blaze at a home in Colyton.

Firefighters from the East Devon village and Seaton were called to a property in Grove Hill at around 1.40pm on Friday, May 21.

Crews donned breathing apparatus and used a hose-reel jet to tackle the flames.

The cause if the blaze was accidental.

There was 50 per cent smoke damage to the kitchen and crews extinguished the fire using two breathing apparatus and one hose-reel jet…

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “One fire crew from Colyton and one from Seaton were sent to a report of a kitchen fire.

“On arrival crews confirmed a small fire involving the cooker hood.

“There was 50 per cent smoke damage to the kitchen and crews extinguished the fire using two breathing apparatus and one hose-reel jet.

“The cause of the fire was accidental.”

More Colyton and East Devon news here

About Author