Blaze totally destroys log shed at property in East Devon

A shed on fire in an East Devon village on Monday afternoon (May 3) was totally destroyed by the blaze.

Fire crews from Clyst St George and Middlemoor, Exeter, were called to an address in Rewe at around 2pm, after receiving a report a log shed was alight.

The fire service said the cause of the blaze was accidental.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service (DSRFS) spokesperson said: “Two fire appliances from Clyst St George and Middlemoor attended a report of a log shed on fire in Rewe.

“On arrival crews found an outbuilding of wood construction measuring approximately three-metres by three-metres to be fully involved in fire.

“The shed was one hundred per cent damaged by fire.

“Crews used one hose reel jet, one attack jet and hand tools to extinguish the fire.

“The fire was accidental.”

EDN ad

East Devon and Exeter mass Covid vaccination centre to move from Westpoint to Greendale Business Park

advert

About Author