Axminster: Man suffers smoke inhalation after fire breaks out in tumble drier

A man suffered smoke inhalation and was checked by paramedics after a tumble drier caught fire in Axminster.

Fire crews from Colyton, Lyme Regis and Axminster, plus the aerial platform from Taunton, were called to a commercial property in South Street shortly before 4pm on Tuesday (April 27).

Firefighters are reminding tumble drier owners to regularly check their machines and prevent the build-up of fluff deposits.

Crews wore breathing apparatus and used a hose reel jet, safety jet and thermal imaging camera to tackle the blaze, which broke out in a gas tumble drier.

A Colyton Fire Station spokesperson said: “The fire was confined to a gas tumble dryer which was fifty per cent damaged by fire and there was twenty-five per cent damage to the property.

“To deal with the incident crews used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, a thermal image camera, a safety jet and a gas monitor.

“One male person suffered smoke inhalation and was checked over by ambulance crews.”

The spokesperson added: “Always remember to check your tumble dryer for fluff deposits regularly.”

EDN ad

Bonfire left to burn in Axminster prompts fire crew to call for care and issue safety warning

advert

About Author