Blaze totally destroys storage and hot tub sheds in Exmouth

Firefighters called to a property in Exmouth on Thursday night (April 15) tackled a double shed blaze.

When the crews arrived shortly before 10pm they found a pair of sheds used for storage and to house a hot tub were on fire.

The fire service said the blaze destroyed both sheds, and heat damage from the fire spread to a nearby property.

The cause of the blaze was accidental, said the fire service.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Fire control received several calls reporting a shed on fire at a property in Exmouth.

“Both fire appliances from Exmouth attended and crews used one hose reel jet and a main jet to extinguish the fire which involved two single-storey six-by-four-foot sheds, used for storage and to house a hot tub.

“The sheds were destroyed by fire and the nearby property was twenty per cent damaged by heat.

“The cause of the fire was accidental.”

EDN ad

Exmouth ‘hero’ takes on second year of extreme challenges for Devon Freewheelers

About Author