Engine blaze in Exeter Waitrose car park sparks callout for fire crew

Firefighters tackled an engine blaze in the car park of the Waitrose store in Exeter.

A crew from Danes Castle was called to the Gladstone Road supermarket at around 6.10pm on Monday, April 12.

They used thermal imaging kit, a hose-reel jet and small tools to fight the accidental fire.

The fire damage was limited to the engine battery compartment, this was an accidental fire…

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Fire control received a call from a member of the public regarding a vehicle fire in the car park of Waitrose.

A fire engine from Danes Castle attended the incident.

“On arrival there was a small fire in the engine compartment.

“Crews got to work with one hose-reel jet, a thermal imaging camera and small tools to extinguish the fire.

“The fire damage was limited to the engine battery compartment, this was an accidental fire.”

Mobile community Covid testing is rolled out in East Devon and Exeter

About Author