Oxygen given to resident by crews tackling tumble drier blaze in Axminster

First aid and oxygen were given to a resident by firefighters called to tackle a tumble drier blaze at a home in Axminster.

Crews from Axminster, Lyme Regis, Charmouth, in Dorset, and the aerial platform from Yeovil, in Somerset, were called to Magnolia House at 7.30am on Thursday morning (March 18).

When the crews arrived at Lyme Road, Axminster, they found a fire in a ground floor basement of the property.

The fire service said the cause of the blaze was accidental.

An Axminster fire station spokesperson said: “Once in attendance our crew entered the building with two in breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet and were able to quickly locate a fire involving a tumble drier.

“Crews swiftly extinguished the fire using a CO2 extinguisher and were able to confirm that the fire had been confined to the tumble drier and its contents.

“Fire crews also administered first aid and oxygen therapy to one resident while this incident was ongoing. The resident was left in the hands of ambulance personnel.

“The fire was believed to have been caused by an electrical issue.”

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service (DSFRS) said crews were called to a report of smoke in a laundry room,

DSFRS said the fire caused 50 per cent damage to the basement.

EDN ad

Motorcyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after crash near Axminster

 

About Author