Woman needs ambulance for smoke inhalation after accidental fire near Topsham

An ambulance was called for a woman suffering with smoke inhalation after a fire started in a living room near Topsham on Sunday night (February 28).

Firefighters were called to Ronald Gardens, Exeter, shortly before 8pm after a member of the public raise the alarm.

The fire service said the blaze was thought to have started accidentally.

Crews wore breathing apparatus and used jets to tackle the fire.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service (DSFRS) spokesperson said: “On arrival, the Incident Commander confirmed that there was a fire in the living room of the property and quickly got crews to work using breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and a safety jet to extinguish the fire, which was deemed to have started accidentally.

“An ambulance was requested for a female suffering from smoke inhalation.”

EDN ad

Go-ahead for plans totalling 240 homes in the ‘Topsham gap’

About Author