Small tools and a bucket of water were used to put out a chimney fire at a home near Axminster on Wednesday evening (February 24).
A fire crew from Axminster was sent to Rising Sun, in Dalwood, shortly before 7.30pm, where they found a fire in the flue pipe of a log burner at the property.
After the crew put out the fire, they stayed on site to monitor the flue temperature.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service (DSFRS) spokesperson said: “One fire appliance from Axminster was sent to a report of a chimney on fire in a property.
“The fire was located in the flue pipe of the log burner which was then extinguished using small tools and a bucket of water.
“The fire crew stood by after extinguishing the fire and monitored the temperature of the flue.”
The Axminster fire crew reminded people to have chimneys regularly swept by a professional.
A spokesperson for the crew said: “Please remember to never start a fire using flammable liquids and never throw rubbish into the fire either.”