Unattended cooking sparks late-night callout for Axminster firefighters

Safety advice was given to an Axminster resident after cooking food left unattended prompted a late-night callout for the town’s firefighters.

A crew attended a property in Heal’s Field at around 11.45pm on Friday, February 12, following reports of an alarm sounding.

An Axminster Fire Station spokesperson said: “Once gaining access to the property, crews determined the cause of alarm was due to unattended cooking burning in the kitchen.

“Crews gave safety advice to the occupant before returning back to station.

“Remember to always test you smoke alarms at least once a month to ensure they are working correctly.

“And please never leave cooking unattended.”

Fire crews tackle chimney blaze at thatched property near Axminster

About Author