Bicton building blaze involving wood-burning stove tackled by firefighters from Exmouth, Sidmouth and Clyst St George

A blaze in a building in the grounds of Bicton College sparked a callout for firefighters from Exmouth, Sidmouth and Clyst St George.

Crews were called when flames and smoke were seen coming from the roof of the property on Friday evening, February 12.

They tackled the fire, which involved a wood-burning stove and flue.

Flames and smoke were reported as visible from the roof space…

An Exmouth Fire Station spokesperson said: “Blue Watch from Exmouth Fire Station and on-call staff from Clyst St George Fire Station and Sidmouth Fire Station were mobilised to a reported building fire within the grounds of Bicton College.

“Flames and smoke were reported as visible from the roof space.

“On arrival of the Exmouth crew they confirmed that there was a fire which involved a wood burner and flue.

“Crews quickly extinguished the fire and completed a thorough check for any fire spread in the roof space.

“The on-call team at Exmouth crewed the station for an immediate response and carried out equipment testing and maintenance.”

Bicton College students get insight into lifesaving work of Exmouth NCI

About Author