Firefighters from Devon and Dorset tackle fuse box fire at home in Axminster

A home in Axminster was left with total smoke damage after a fire broke out in a property at The Crickets.

Fire engines from Devon and Dorset were called to the house at 11.15pm on Saturday, February 6, after a member of the public raised the alarm.

The fire service said the blaze was thought to have started in a fuse box at the property, which later was isolated.

The house was left with fire and smoke damage.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Fire control received a call from a member of the public regarding a house fire.

“One fire engine from Axminster, one fire engine from Charmouth and one fire engine from Lyme Regis attended, alongside officers.

“On arrival crews gained entry and got to work with two breathing apparatus, two jets, one thermal imaging camera, one carbon monoxide monitor and small tools to extinguish the fire.

“This is believed to have started in the fuse box, which has since been isolated by the electricity board.

“The property sustained ten per cent fire damage and one hundred per cent smoke damage.”

EDN ad

Police appeal to ID man who ‘could have vital information to assist enquiries’ after schoolboy is racially abused in Axminster

About Author