Trio of fire crews tackle ‘accidental’ kitchen blaze in Exeter home

Firefighters tackled a kitchen blaze at an Exeter home yesterday evening (Tuesday, December 29).

Crews from Danes Castle and Middlemoor were called to a property in Queensland Drive at around 6.20pm.

They found the room ‘well-alight’ and donned breathing apparatus and used a jet to tackle the flames.

There was light smoke damage to the kitchen and the fire was accidental…

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Two fire engines from Danes Castle and one from Middlemoor were sent to a report of a kitchen fire within a domestic property.

“On arrival crews confirmed the kitchen was well-alight and extinguished the fire using two breathing apparatus and one main jet.

“There was light smoke damage to the kitchen and the fire was accidental.”

Fire crews break door down to save man trapped in burning flat in Exeter on Christmas Day

About Author