Man with arm trapped in electric bed is freed by Exeter firefighters

A man with his arm trapped in an electric bed in Exeter in the early hours of Sunday morning (December 20) was rescued by firefighters.

Crews from Danes Castle Fire Station were called to Grendon Road, Heavitree, shortly before 2am where they freed the man.

The man was left in the care of the ambulance service, the fire service said.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service (DSFRS) spokesperson said: “Crews from Danes Castle were sent to reports of a person with their arm trapped in an electrical bed.

“On arrival crews discovered on adult male with his arm trapped in an electrical bed.

“Crews released the male and left him in the hands of the ambulance service.”

EDN ad

Tier we go again: Reaction as East Devon and Exeter remain under second-strictest Covid rules

About Author