Chimney fire in Exeter began in flue of wood burning stove

The flue of a wood burning stove caught on fire at home in Exeter on Monday evening (November 16).

Firefighters from Danes Castle were called to Cowick Street at around 6.45pm after a member of the public reported a possible fire in their chimney.

The blaze was extinguished by the crew using the aerial ladder platform, low pressure hose reel, a thermal imaging camera and small tools.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service received a call from a member of the public reporting that their chimney may be on fire.

“One fire appliance from Danes Castle was immediately mobilised by fire control.

“On arrival, the incident commander confirmed that there was a fire in the flue of a wood burning stove and requested the assistance of the aerial ladder platform from Danes Castle.”

EDN ad

SUPPORT OUR JOURNALISM

Please consider helping EastDevonNews.co.uk give you more community news, views and coverage. Click the button below to make a contribution or read more about our work here

Decorative fire screen is cause of blaze at property in Exeter

About Author