Crews tackle blaze after dishwasher catches fire in Exmouth home

Firefighters tackled a dishwasher blaze in the kitchen of an Exmouth home yesterday afternoon (Saturday, November 7).

A pair of crews from the town were called to Hulham Road at around 6.30pm.

They donned breathing apparatus and used a hose-reel jet and thermal imaging kit to extinguish the flames.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.

Fire crews got to work to extinguish the fire using two breathing apparatus, one hose-reel, a thermal imaging camera and a positive pressure ventilation fan…

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Two fire appliances from Exmouth were mobilised to this incident.

“On arrival, crews confirmed a fire in a kitchen involving a dishwasher.

“Fire crews got to work to extinguish the fire using two breathing apparatus, one hose-reel, a thermal imaging camera and a positive pressure ventilation fan.

“The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.”

[asp_product id=”17531″]

Seafront celebrations in Exmouth as environmentally-friendly watersports shop and cafe opens

About Author