The Honiton Golf Club Tuesday Mixed planned Banks Trophy competition was unable to go ahead as the course was closed after very heavy rain made it unplayable, writes Ann Desmoulins.
With the update in the Government restrictions coming into force this next week, it is likely that the competition will have to be postponed until next year. Watch this space!
Meanwhile, the ladies were more fortunate than the Mixed Group and they were able to complete their three-ball, better ball Stableford (two scores to count), although many finished in the rain as the weather was not going to let them off completely.
The competition was played to support their annual Children in Need event and, although no results are currently available (with cards having to be quarantined for several days) £66 was raised from entry fees.
And a collection tub outside the clubhouse raised a further £82 for the charity.
Hopefully full results will be available next week.[asp_product id=”17531″]