Exeter firefighters tackle chimney blaze in Radford Road

Firefighters in Exeter tackled a chimney blaze in Radford Road last night (Friday, October 16).

A crew from Danes Castle was called out at around 8.40pm after a member of the public called 999.

They called on a second appliance from Middlemoor after finding the chimney ‘well alight’.

The crews used specialist kit and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the blaze.

On arrival, the Incident Commander confirmed that the chimney was well alight and requested the assistance of a second appliance from Middlemoor….

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “We received a call from a member of the public reporting a fire in the chimney of a property.

One fire appliances from Danes Castle was immediately mobilised by Fire Control.

“On arrival, the Incident Commander confirmed that the chimney was well alight and requested the assistance of a second appliance from Middlemoor.

“Crews then got to work to extinguish the fire using chimney gear and a thermal imaging camera.”

SUPPORT OUR JOURNALISM

Please consider helping EastDevonNews.co.uk give you more community news, views and coverage. Click the button below to make a contribution or read more about our work here

Devon buses are ‘turning people away’, Stagecoach boss tells Exeter traffic committee

About Author