Voluntary groups in Sidmouth have until December 14 to apply for grant help from the town council – after £16,000 was handed out in the last round of funding.
Applications for the 2021/2022 financial year are being welcomed by the authority.
A decision on who will be awarded cash will been made in January next year.
“Grants will only be made to organisations whose applications meet the criteria set out by the council and are approved at that meeting,” said Sidmouth town clerk Christopher Holland.
An application must demonstrate that a group or organisation:
- Promotes the well-being of the people and community;
- Enhances and/or preserves the heritage of the town;
- Contributes to the viability and vitality of the economy;
- Improves the cohesiveness of the community;
- Is inclusive of a wide spectrum of beneficiaries;
- Contributes towards the community’s cultural life;
- Contributes to organisational and/or environmental sustainability.
Application forms can be downloaded from the Sidmouth Town Council website.
They can also be obtained from the Town Clerk, Sidmouth Town Council, Woolcombe House, Woolcombe Lane, Sidmouth, Devon EX10 9BB.
Completed applications must be received by Monday, December 14.[asp_product id=”17531″]