A road sweeping vehicle on fire in Exeter city centre early on Friday morning (September 18) was extinguished by a crew from Danes Castle.
Firefighters were called to the Cathedral Green shortly after 6am where they discovered smouldering rubbish in the back of the vehicle.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “One fire appliance from Danes Castle attended a report of a fire involving a road sweeper.
“On arrival crews confirmed that the rubbish in the back of the sweeper was smouldering.
“One hose reel jet was used to extinguish the fire.”
Please consider helping EastDevonNews.co.uk give you more community news, views and coverage. Click the button below to make a contribution or read more about our work here.