A van being driven on Haldon on Tuesday morning (September 1) had to be dealt with by firefighters when its engine caught fire.
A crew from Middlemoor, in Exeter, was called to Splatford shortly before 7am and confirmed a small fire in the van’s engine.
The cause of the fire was accidental, said Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service (DSFRS).
A DSFRS spokesperson said: “A fire engine from Middlemoor in Exeter was quickly mobilised and soon arrived on scene confirming one small fire in the engine compartment of a van.
“Fire crews got to work using one hose reel jet to tackle the fire, which was successfully extinguished.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
Please consider helping EastDevonNews.co.uk give you more community news, views and coverage. Click the button below to make a contribution or read more about our work here.
VIDEO: Shocking dash-cam footage revealed by police features dangerous driving in Exmouth and Exeter