Crews from Danes Castle and Middlemoor were called to Sowton Industrial Estate to tackle a fire in a coffee roasting machine on Monday morning (July 20).
When the firefighters arrived at Orchard Court, in Heron Road, Sowton, Exeter, shortly before 11am, they confirmed a fire within the flue system of the coffee roasting machine.
The cause of the fire was accidental, Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service (DSFRS) said.
A DSFRS spokesperson said: “Upon arrival, crews were able to confirm a fire within the flue system of a coffee roasting machine.
“Crews began to tackle the fire using one hose reel jet and small tools and were able to significantly reduce the heat within the flue.”
They added: “The fire was successfully extinguished using one hose reel jet, one safety jet, one thermal image camera, positive pressure ventilator, one short extension ladder and small tools.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
Please consider helping EastDevonNews.co.uk give you more community news, views and coverage. Click the button below to make a contribution or read more about our work here.