Quad bike destroyed by fire in accidental Exeter blaze

A quad bike was destroyed and its trailer damaged when they caught fire in an Exeter street this afternoon (Friday, June 5).

A crew from Danes Castle was called to the accidental blaze in Bonhay Road at around 1.35pm.

They used a hose-reel jet and thermal imaging kit to tackle the flames.

Quad bike totally destroyed by fire and trailer 50 per cent…the cause was accidental.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “The fire service received calls for a quad bike and a trailer involved in fire.

“One fire engine from Danes Castle attended this incident.

“Fire involving quad bike and trailer on public carriageway.

“Quad bike totally destroyed by fire and trailer 50 per cent [destroyed]by fire.

“Extinguished using one hose reel jet and one thermal imaging camera.

“The cause of the fire was accidental.”

Backing for bid to keep £300m redevelopment of Exeter city centre moving

About Author