Crews tackle small fire in roof space of property in Exeter

Fire crews were called to the Pennsylvania area of Exeter on Wednesday evening after smoke was seen coming from the roof of a property.

Firefighters from Danes Castle, Middlemoor and Topsham arrived at Prince of Wales Road at around 6.30pm on May 27, after receiving calls smoke was coming from the roof void of the building.

The cause of the fire was thought to be accidental, said Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service.

A fire service spokesperson said: “The building was used as a study centre.

“Fire crews confirmed a small fire in the roof space involving an electric fan transformer.

“Crews got to work using two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, one thermal image camera and one positive pressure ventilator, and were able to successfully extinguish the fire.”

The spokesperson added: “The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.”

Workshop ’50 per cent damaged’ by flames and smoke in early-morning Exeter blaze

About Author