Workshop ’50 per cent damaged’ by flames and smoke in early-morning Exeter blaze

Firefighters tackled a blaze at a workshop within an Exeter home in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday, May 27).

Crews from Danes Castle were called to the property in Pinces Gardens at around 3am.

The workshop suffered 50 per cent damage from flames and smoke – with the cause of the fire deemed accidental.

Upon arrival, crews got to work with two breathing apparatus, one hose-reel jet and one triple extension ladder…

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Two fire engines from Danes Castle and an officer were mobilised to reports of a fire within a ground-floor workshop of a two-storey residential property at above location.

“Upon arrival, crews got to work with two breathing apparatus, one hose-reel jet and one triple extension ladder.

“Fire extinguished, workshop suffered 50 per cent damage by fire and smoke. Cause of fire was deemed as accidental.

“No further details, all crews now returned to their home station. Incident now closed.”

Disposable barbecue sparks garage fire in Exeter

About Author