Fire crew called after Exmouth resident is locked out while dinner cooks

Exmouth firefighters were called to a home in the town centre when a resident raised the alarm after putting rubbish out while dinner was cooking – and the door swung shut.

The crew was called to New Street, in Exmouth town centre, on Friday evening, May 22.

During the same evening, the crew was called to Rodney Close, Littleham, where they dealt with internal flooding.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “We gained entry for someone who had just put their dinner in the oven and their front door swung shut behind them as they put the rubbish out, and an internal flooding incident.

“There were two valuable lessons learned from those we helped – don’t leave cooking unattended and make sure you know how to isolate your water, and that you can get to the isolation valve.”

Duo without lifejackets aboard stricken rowing boat are rescued by Exmouth RNLI

 

About Author