A fire sparked by a mix of chemicals at a commercial property in Wilmington was tackled by crews from Axminster, Colyton and Taunton.
Firefighters and the environmental protection unit from Taunton were called to Whitford Road, Wilmington, at around 4pm on Tuesday, May 13, following reports of a blaze after two chemicals combined and ignited.
Crews wore breathing apparatus to tackle the blaze and used a thermal imaging camera and gas detection equipment to make sure the area was safe.
On arrival at the business, crews found smoke and flames coming from the property.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “The fire service was called to reports of two chemicals that had combined and ignited within a commercial property.
“One crew from Axminster, one crew from Colyton and the environmental protection unit from Taunton attended.
“On arrival the crews confirmed that there were smoke and flames issuing.
“They used four breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, one covering jet and one safety jet to extinguish the fire and one thermal imaging cameras, drag fork, and gas detection equipment to ensure the area was safe.”