Fire crews were called to a flat in Exeter on Monday evening after reports a toaster was on fire.
Firefighters from Danes Castle, Middlemoor, Topsham and Crediton, a command support unit from Honiton, plus an aerial platform, were sent to a home in New North Road shortly after 7pm on April 13, where they found a fire at the property.
The fire service said the blaze was ‘quickly extinguished’ and no one was injured.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “On arrival the crews confirmed that there was a fire within a first floor flat involving a toaster.
“Two breathing apparatus wearers used a hose reel jet and a dry powder extinguisher on the fire.
“A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear the smoke and ventilate the flat.
“The fire was quickly extinguished and nobody was hurt.
“The kitchen itself sustained approximately twenty per cent damage from fire and the remainder of the flat sustained light smoke damage.”