Firefighters from Axminster, Colyton and Seaton tackle shed blaze in Musbury

A garden shed was engulfed in flames in an accidental blaze in Musbury last night (Thursday, April 2).

Firefighters from Axminster, Colyton and Seaton were called to a home in Axminster Road in the East Devon village at around 8.40pm.

They found a shed ‘well alight’ before donning breathing apparatus and using thermal imaging kit to tackle the flames.

The cause of the blaze was accidental, says the fire service.

On arrival, crews confirmed this was one shed well alight at the rear of the property and got to work extinguishing it with two breathing apparatus, one hose-reel jet and a thermal image camera….

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said of the Musbury incident: “One fire engine from Axminster and one from Colyton were initially sent to a report of a shed on fire.

“Further calls suggested the shed was attached to the house, so a further fire engine from Seaton was sent.

“On arrival, crews confirmed this was one shed well alight at the rear of the property and got to work extinguishing it with two breathing apparatus, one hose-reel jet and a thermal image camera.

“The cause of the fire was accidental.”

Fire crews from Devon, Somerset and Dorset tackle roof blaze at property in Axminster

About Author