Sidmouth and Seaton fire crews tackle attic blaze at Branscombe

A blaze that broke out in an attic of a home in Branscombe at lunchtime today (Wednesday) and was put out by firefighters from Sidmouth and Seaton.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service (DSFRS) said the cause of the fire was accidental.

The fire service said one crew from Seaton and two from Sidmouth were called to the property shortly after 1.40pm on April 1.

Crews wore breathing apparatus to tackle the blaze.

A DSFRS spokesperson said: “One fire engine from Seaton and two from Sidmouth were sent to a report of smoke within an attic of a two-storey property.

“On arrival crews confirmed there was a fire within the loft of this property and got to work extinguishing it with two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.

“The cause of the fire was accidental.”

Fire crews from Devon, Somerset and Dorset tackle roof blaze at property in Axminster

About Author