A car was destroyed by fire in an ‘accidental’ blaze in Exeter in the early hours of this morning (Monday, March 30).
The incident in Cowley Bridge Road sparked a callout for a crew from Danes Castle at around 3.15am.
The cause of the fire was deemed accidental ignition, and the vehicle was severely damaged…
Firefighters donned breathing apparatus and tackled the flames.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “One fire appliance from Danes Castle attended a vehicle on fire, which was well alight on the arrival of the crew.
“The fire was extinguished using one hose reel jet and one breathing apparatus set.
“The cause of the fire was deemed accidental ignition, and the vehicle was severely damaged.”