Two people treated for smoke inhalation after bedroom blaze in Rockbeare home is tackled by Ottery, Honiton and Exeter firefighters

Firefighters from Ottery St Mary, Honiton and Exeter tackled a bedroom blaze in Rockbeare this morning (Monday, March 2).

Crews were called to a property in Allercombe at around 8am after a resident raised the alarm that their home was in flames.

Two people suffered smoke inhalation and had to be treated by paramedics.

The cause of the blaze was accidental, said the fire service.

There was 50 per cent damage from smoke and flames to the bedroom, and a further 10 per cent damage to the remainder of the first floor…

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue spokesperson said: “We received a call from the occupier of a property reporting that that there was a fire within their house.

“We immediately sent three fire engines from Middlemoor, Ottery St Mary and Honiton and an operation assurance officer to the location.

“On arrival of the appliance at the incident, it was confirmed that there was a fire in the bedroom of the house and crews immediately set to work using breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and a safety jet.

“An ambulance was requested by the crews due to two people suffering with smoke inhalation.

“There was 50 per cent damage from smoke and flames to the bedroom, and a further 10 per cent damage to the remainder of the first floor.

“The cause of the fire was accidental.”

Residents rally to help 68-year-old who fell from bike and lay stricken in the rain for nearly an hour-and-a-half

About Author