Town’s firefighters put out blaze in cooker in Exmouth

Firefighters were called to a home in Exmouth on Thursday night to put out a blaze in a cooker.

Crews from Exmouth arrived at Stevenstone Road, off Salterton Road, shortly after 7.30pm, on February 20, where they found the oven on fire.

Firefighters extinguished the flames, checked the oven for any fire spread and ventilated the home.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “On arrival the incident commander confirmed a fire confined to the cooker involving cooking debris.

“Crews got to work ventilating the property using one positive pressure ventilation fan and a thermal imaging camera to investigate and fire spread and hot spots.

“The incident was handed over to the occupier.”

Exmouth mum praises emergency services for rescuing son, five, with knee stuck in tree

 

About Author