Firefighters tackle oven blaze in Honiton home

An oven blaze in a Honiton home sparked a callout for firefighters last night (Saturday, February 15).

Crews from the town and Ottery St Mary attended the property at Whitestar, in King Street, at around 7.15pm.

They removed the electrical oven from the house and made safe.

The property’s kitchen was damaged by the blaze, the cause of which was accidental.

Five per cent damage was caused to the kitchen area.  The cause of the fire was accidental…

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Fire crews from Honiton and Ottery St Mary were mobilised to a report of an oven on fire at the above location.

“The incident involved a small fire in an electrical oven.

“The oven was removed to open air by fire crews and made safe using small tools and checked with a thermal image camera.

“Five per cent damage was caused to the kitchen area.  The cause of the fire was accidental.”

Shed loads of veg give-away sparked Honiton gardener’s fresh food bank

About Author