Dogs and cat rescued from property fire in Exeter

Firefighters rescued two dogs and a cat after being called to a blaze at an Exeter building last night (Friday, January 31).

Crews from Danes Castle attended the property in Exe street at around 7.20pm.

They responded to a 999 call after a member of the public noticed the smell of burning, smoke and an alarm sounding.

Crews then used pet oxygen masks on the animals once they were rescued…

Nobody was in the property – but three animals were saved and were treated with oxygen.

The cause of the blaze is believed to be accidental.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Fire Control received a call to Exe Street in Exeter reporting a smell of burning and a smoke alarm sounding.

“One fire engine from Danes Castle was mobilised and on arrival at the property crews confirmed that there was a fire.

“Another fire engine from Danes Castle was then mobilised to attend this incident.

“Fire crews confirmed that there were no persons involved and rescued two dogs and one cat from the property.

“Crews then used pet oxygen masks on the animals once they were rescued.

“The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.”

Police seek information after burglar targets Exmouth health centre

About Author