Dog treated with oxygen after fire in Exmouth home

A dog was treated with oxygen therapy and taken to the vet after a blaze involving a cooker and a washing basket in an Exmouth home. 

Firefighters from the town were called to a property in Richards Close at around 7.55pm last night (Friday, January 25).

The flames were out when the crew arrived.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “One fire engine from Exmouth was sent to reports that there had been a fire at the location.

“On arrival crews discovered that there had been a fire involving a cooker and a washing basket. This fire was now out.

“There was 10 per cent fire damage to the property and smoke damage throughout.

“Crews treated one dog with oxygen therapy. The dog was then taken to the vets.”

Exmouth Festival seeks ‘imaginative’ stallholders and food sellers for 2020 event

About Author