Kitchen destroyed by late-night fire in Exeter

A kitchen was destroyed by fire late last night in Exeter.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said it sent two fire appliances and the aerial ladder platform from Danes Castle to a property in Elm Grove Road. The alarm was raised at 11.48pm.

A spokesperson said: “On arrival, crews confirmed a fire in the kitchen.

“The kitchen was 100 per cent damaged by fire and the remainder of the property suffered light smoke damage.

“To deal with the incident, crews used four breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, a safety jet, a short extension ladder, a thermal image camera and a positive pressure ventilation fan.”

Police and public call for pub’s licence to be revoked

About Author