Police are reminding people not to let thieves ruin Christmas. They have offered simple advice to deter crooks and protect presents and other valuables in the run-up to the big day.
PSCO Chris Bolsover, of Axminster Police, says cars should be secured and presents removed – particularly when you are out Christmas shopping.
He is urging motorists to:
- Always lock your vehicle
- Close vehicle doors and windows
- Never leave valuables or Christmas presents (wrapped or unwrapped) in your vehicle
- Park in a safe and well-lit area
Householders are being encouraged to:
- Keep doors and windows secure at all times
- Keep presents and valuables out of view from outside
- Don’t leave packaging of expensive items outside your home where it can be seen before refuse collection
- Property mark and register your valuable presents and property at dc.police.uk/marking