Woman rescued from house fire after neighbour raises the alarm

A woman has been rescued from property fire after a neighbour raised the alarm. 

The good Samaritan called the emergency services after hearing an alarm sounding and seeing smoke through a letterbox.

A pan had been left on a cooker.

Three fire appliances attended the scene in Bernadette Close, Exeter, at 12.44pm today.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “On arrival the crews confirmed that there was smoke issuing from the property.

“The crews got to work using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel, and located one female casualty in the property.

“The crews located the cause of the smoke which was one pan left on the cooker. They treated the female casualty for smoke inhalation and left her in the hands of ambulance personnel.”

Firefighters used positive pressure ventilation to clear the property of smoke which had caused minimal damage to the pan and cooker.

Fraudster asks elderly Exeter woman to put £10,000 in their bank account

About Author