Fire service says loft blaze in Exeter home was accidental

Firefighters wore breathing apparatus to tackle a blaze that broke out in the loft of a home in Exeter this morning, Friday.

Crews from Middlemoor and Danes Castle were called to a property in Saxon Road, Heavitree, at around 6.45am on November 8, where firefighters confirmed a blaze in the loft.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said it was an accidental fire.

A fire service spokesperson said: “On arrival the incident commander confirmed there was a fire in the loft space of a domestic property.

“Two firefighters donned breathing apparatus and entered the property with one hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.

“All persons had evacuated from the property before the arrival of the fire service.

“The breathing apparatus crews promptly extinguished the fire and got to work ventilating the property using a positive pressure ventilation fan.

“The incident command confirmed this was an accidental fire.”

Dust off your antlers for the annual Reindeer Run in Otterton

About Author