Seaton chimney fire prompts quick response from firefighters

A chimney fire in Seaton was described as ‘well alight’ by firefighters first on the scene last night (October 9).

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service says the fire, in Beer Road, was reported shortly after 7pm.

A spokesperson said in a statement: “Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service received a call from a member of the public reporting a chimney fire.

“One fire appliance from Seaton was immediately mobilised by Fire Control.

“On arrival, the incident commander confirmed that the chimney was well alight, and crews got to work to extinguish the fire using chimney gear, a thermal imaging camera and a 10.5m ladder.”

A crew revisited the property later in the evening to ensure that fire had not reignited.

IMAGES: Work begins on Seaton’s new £200,000 skate park

About Author